Here's your chance to grow and develop your lesson plan for NGSS standard LS1B! The narrator of the video explains how to lay a solid foundation for learning within the standard, then gives examples and scenarios to help fine tune learning at every level. Topics include growth and development of plants and animals, advantages and disadvantages to reproduction methods, and genetic variation.
- Use the video as a guide to plan and prepare for teaching the standard
- Depending upon the age of your class, try showing images of an immature and a mature organism, then ask pupils to describe the changes that took place from one form to the next
- This standard assumes prior knowledge of sexual and asexual reproduction in the upper grades
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website.It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- The strategies shown for introducing growth and change in the lower grades are fun and simple—easy to use as remediations at higher grade levels
- Narrator skillfully layers on the expectations as learners grow and develop their understanding of the topic