This Loyalists and Patriots activity & project also includes:
Your young historians will square off as Loyalists dedicated to the English crown or revolutionaries fighting for a new nation in a role-play of a colonial town hall debate prior to the American Revolution.
338 Views 294 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Consider having class members bring a prop that will distinguish his/her character
- Outline requirements for what specific content should be included in the speech
- Incorporate a rubric that also highlights speech and participation expectations
- Lesson begins with a great image-analysis anticipatory set
- Excellent lesson on developing point of view