This Lottery assessment also includes:
Take a chance on raising money. Learners calculate probabilities to determine whether a lottery is a good way to raise money. Pupils determine the number of combinations of choosing two numbers between one and six. Using the sample space, scholars determine whether trying to match two numbers drawn from a bag is a good way to raise money and explain their thinking.
- Lead a discussion on what makes a good money raiser
- Provide a mini-lesson on ways to create a sample space
- Assumes knowledge of calculating probabilities
- Includes slides to project for the class to see the problem
- Contains a rubric for consistent scoring