This Lost in the City with a Clinometer activity & project also includes:
Come look at trigonometry from a different angle. To begin a simple activity, scholars view a video of someone using a clinometer to find the angle of elevation to the top of a building. They then use a diagram that shows the building's height to determine how far away the observer is from the building.
- If possible, have the class do a similar activity outside using a tall building or tree
- Learners should be familiar with trigonometry
- Pupils may not know what a clinometer does
- Use of a video makes the concept real
- Only presents one problem in the task