This Looking to the Future lesson plan also includes:
New Horizons set forth on a mission to Pluto in 2006. Ten years later, the spacecraft is still on its way. Here, enthusiastic scholars predict what they will be like—likes, dislikes, hobbies, etc.—when New Horizons arrives at its destination. Learners keep their predictions safe until the mission has been completed and compare their reality to what they wrote.
- Send the New Horizons's link home with pupils so they can explore the information and be prepared to discuss their new-found knowledge in class
- As a class, brainstorm and list how they believe the world will be different in the future to help those that need assistance getting started
- This is the sixth in a series of 10 lesson plans that explore our solar system
- Schedule time in the computer lab or on mobile learning devices if you plan on having class members search the New Horizon's website at school
- The activity sparks reflection and imagination
- Step-by-step instructions are easy to follow