This Logic of Fractions lesson plan also includes:
Before diving into operations with fractions, learners discover the foundation of fractions and how they interact with one another. Exactly as the title says, logic of fractions is the main goal of a resource that shows pupils how fractions relate on the number line and as fraction bars. With lots of exploration activities to choose from, there is something for everyone!
- Use the logical thinking problems before teaching the rules of fractions
- Some of the directions to the worksheets may need to be explained further to class members
- Great way to introduce inquiry-based learning into fractions
- Several visual activities to attract to different learning styles
- While explanations are provided, the answer keys are not