This Logarithms—How Many Digits Do You Need? lesson plan also includes:
Forget your ID number? Your pupils learn to use logarithms to determine the number of digits or characters necessary to create individual ID numbers for all members of a group.
4 Views 4 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Invite a computer teacher or science teacher for the lesson; ASCII, Richter Scale, decibel scale, etc., are mentioned in the lesson
- Parts of the lesson assume you have covered previous lessons in module, such as referring to the logarithmic function as the WhatPower function
- Internet access is necessary if having learners do research on ASCII (as indicated in the lesson)
- The ninth installment of a 35-part module.
- Lesson notes for the exploratory challenge include questions to help group members reach conclusions
- Problems incorporate a variety of real-world contexts and situations