This Location and Direction: Angle from the Equator interactive also includes:
From any angle, this interactive is helpful. Earth science super stars explore a location's angle from the equator through a hands-on activity. Questions guide learners as they test their knowledge of direction and geometry used in finding specific places across the world.
- Dig in on question four to assess students' understanding of the significance of latitude and longitude as specific points on Earth
- Assign the interactive as homework and ask individuals to prepare an answer for the discussion question for the next day's class
- Register for a free CK-12 account to access the interactive
- The versatile interactive incorporates earth science, geography, and geometry in one seamless activity
- Controls work smoothly, allowing learners to reset and begin again