This Living the Dream: 100 Acts of Kindness lesson plan also includes:
Inspire kindness in and out of school with a lesson that challenges scholars to perform 100 acts of kindness during the time between Martin Luther King Jr. Day to Valentine's day. Leading up to a celebration of friendship, learners brainstorm, look out for, and record acts of kindness, write thank you notes, and conduct a service learning project.
- Create "Caught Being Kind" cards or stickers that learners can hand out to those they witness doing a kind deed
- Invite families to join the Valentine's Day celebration
- Continue to encourage kindness after the lesson concludes
- Pupils should have background knowledge of Martin Luther King Jr.
- Requires a variety of materials, including books featuring Martin Luther King Jr., a scrapbook, and party supplies
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Creates a school-family connection with parent and guardian support
- Adaptable to anytime of the school year
- Lesson tabs make for easy navigation
- Lists links to lesson plans that provide the background knowledge class members need for successful lesson completion