This Living in a Digital World lesson plan also includes:
What does it mean to be a good digital citizen? Is it the same as face-to-face communication? In small groups, learners discuss the differences between digital and non digital life, how they are different and what each environment can offer. They then complete an at-home assignment where they document how much time they spend using computers, phones, or other such devices. When they reconvene, they discuss what being a good digital citizen means with regard to rights and responsibilities and then they set up a class blog or wiki in order to practice their new skill.
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Reinforces appropriate digital communication
- Addresses digital rights and responsibilities
- Promotes good communication skills
- Does not address the dangers of spending excessive amounts of time using digital technology