This Living Dinosaurs: Fact or Fiction? activity & project also includes:
Are birds descendants of dinosaurs? Learners consider the question as they watch an informative video comparing fossil records of dinosaurs with current species. Following the video, groups ponder the evidence to draw conclusions about the evolutionary relationship between dinosaurs and birds.
- Use as an introduction to the evolution of species
- Create two groups to debate the question Are birds descendants of dinosaurs?
- Expects knowledge of evolutionary characteristics among animals
- Adapts to both middle and high school standards
- Provides additional questioning strategies to extend learning