This Literature Terms Activity activity & project also includes:
- Student Reference
- Join to access all included materials
Designed to be used with an independent reading book, this activity provides practice with identifying and explaining literary terms. While they read, individuals find instances of literary devices and elements in use in their books. They then copy the quotes, note the page number, and compose an explanation.
- The resource provides a sample chart that you could easily recreate to help your learners make organized journal pages
- Note that the sample entries are all based on The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton
- Comes with pages of literary terms and definitions; learners can cross off each one they find in their reading until they reach ten unique terms
- Provides a sample journal that demonstrates how to explain the terms