This Links in the Chain of Life activity & project also includes:
A small little ant can have a large impact on its ecosystem. Young researchers explore the different species that live in a plains ecosystem. They find the characteristics of several species and then compare species to determine how their lives are interconnected. The research proves that even the smallest species can directly or indirectly affect the largest.
- Have classes complete a pair-share activity to process the content in the text about the prairie dog
- Create a web in the classroom by linking each species to the species that affects it
- Consider providing pupils with Internet-enabled devices to streamline the research component of the lesson
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Includes options for modifying the lesson
- Provides a detailed teaching guide to help plan for instruction