This Lines and Angles lesson plan also includes:
Explore angle relationships associated with transversals. Pupils construct parallel lines with a transversal and find the measures of the angles formed. They figure out how the different angles are related before constructing non-parallel lines to determine whether any of the angle relationships still hold.
- Encourage groups to draw different lines so all the examples do not look the same
- Conduct a short lesson at the end to summarize the findings
- Class members should know how to construct parallel lines using geometry software
- Provides suggestions for assessments to check for understanding
- Includes differentiation strategies
- The diagrams on the teacher pages are mixed in with the text, making it difficult to know which diagram is being referenced