This Linear, Exponential, and Quadratic Models: Bernoulli Effect interactive also includes:
How can an object as heavy as an airplane fly? Turns out the answer is quadratic! Your classes explore the Bernoulli Effect through an interactive graph representation. As a plane increases in speed, the lift force also increases. Young mathematicians discover this is a quadratic relationship.
- Use the final challenge question as an exit card
- Have your classes use the Bernoulli equation to find several points, plot them on a graph, and compare the graph in the simulation
- Individuals must have a free CK-12 account
- Includes background information to introduce the lesson
- Provides a link to an explanation of the algebraic concepts