Introduce the class to simplifying algebraic expression using multiplication and division. Showing the connection of the rules for exponents between numerical expressions and algebraic expressions, the video works several examples of simplifying expressions involving multiplication and division.
- Provide several opportunities for practice of simplifying algebraic expressions involving multiplication and division
- Remind individuals that the word term is not used in the video as it is with identifying terms in a polynomial
- The class should be familiar with the rules of exponents
- The presenter uses colors to bring attention to different aspects of the expression
- Provides simple hints to help understand negative exponents