Great minds think alike when using a helpful resource. An educational video first defines like terms and describes how to combine them. Viewers then follow along as the narrator works through several examples of simplifying polynomial expressions by combining like terms.
- Use the video as part of a review session
- Pupils should be familiar with the distributive property
- Knowledge of descending order of polynomials is necessary
- Color coding helps identify like terms
- Thorough explanations make the concept clear
- Lecture-style presentation may not be helpful to learners struggling with the concept