All this talk about seeing the light... but, what is it, and how do we see it? Science students learn the basics of the nature of light in a narrated video that discusses concepts such as how light behaves, the electromagnetic spectrum, and how scientists use light to study objects in space that we can't physically examine.
- The video is versatile and can be used as a part of a physical science unit or space exploration lesson
- Perform flame tests on metal ions to show learners the colors they emit
- Some knowledge of atomic structure is helpful in viewing the resource
- The video leads to many extension opportunities, including deep space research and spectroscopy
- Animated sequences help to clarify features of the electromagnetic spectrum to promote understanding