This Lifeguard Chair lesson plan also includes:
Save the class from a lack of engineering experience. An engaging STEM activity has learners work in groups to design a lifeguard chair out of masking tape and index cards. They build and test prototypes, all while learning about the engineering design process in a fun and engaging way.
- Invite a design specialist to give a presentation
- Some basic materials and tools are necessary
- Activity is part of the SLED Design series
- Provides a list of vocabulary words with definitions
- Includes a printable student handout