This Life in the Cold: Climate Challenges lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
What does it take to make it in the Arctic? Learners examine the cold weather adaptations of a polar bear that help it survive. With everyday objects, they model these characteristics as they become make-shift polar bears. Modeling helps them make connections to the adaptation and its purpose.
- Add materials that do not correspond to a characteristic of a polar bear to increase the challenge
- Have pupils take pictures of them wearing the polar bear items and create a display that connects their pictures to the actual polar bear body part
- Requires specific materials outlined in the lesson
- Provides adaptations to fit a wide range of grade levels
- Includes important background information in the teaching guide