This Life and Longevity: Crash Course History of Science #44 video also includes:
In the future, will medical treatment be tailored to specific DNA? An episode of the Crash Course History of Science discusses the biotechnology of modern medicine. The narrator explains the history of DNA research and how that applies to current examination of DNA markers when diagnosing and predicting diseases.
- Have learners make a list of three facts and three questions they have as they watch the video; use their lists for class discussion
- Ask learners to make a list of ethical considerations when using DNA mapping to make decisions
- Consider turning on the closed captioning to support unfamiliar vocabulary
- Uses images and animations to demonstrate complex content
- Emphasizes scientific terminology throughout the lesson