Letters of recommendation play a key role in the college admissions process. A handout on the topic, part of a series on specific writing assignments, helps applicants through the process of choosing recommenders and requesting a letter. Additionally, it includes helpful tips, including when to say no, for those asked to write a recommendation.
- Read sample letters and decide whether to admit or deny admission to students based on their content
- Role play how to approach a teacher or professor to request a letter of recommendation
- Contains information for both scholars and instructors
- Uses a lot of bullet points to make the information easy to skim through
- Lacks examples of positive and negative recommendations