This Letters as Informational Text: Comparing and Contrasting Three Accounts about Segregation (Promises to Keep, Pages 38–39) lesson plan also includes:
Letters ... a lost art or good resource? Scholars add letter writing to their informational text chart and describe the features of a letter. They then look at page 38 in Promises to Keep and complete a Perspectives Venn diagram. To finish, individuals read and answer questions about the letter written on page 39.
- Incorporate with mechanics about different types of letters (friendly, business, etc.)
- Lesson 11 of 17 in Grade 5 ELA Module 3A, Unit 2
- Complete lessons in order
- Includes a completed graphic organizer for teacher reference
- Offers a lesson outline with times for each activity