Is letter writing becoming a lost art? In this age of Facebook, Twitter, and e-mail introduce your kids to the three P's--paper, pen, and postage. Although written from an Irish point of view, the materials in this packet model how to craft both formal and informal correspondence.
- Fifty-page packet is divided into three sections: informal letters, formal letters, and key word activities
- Because some of the word choice, expressions and formats are European style (15th February 2008), preview the entire packet to determine which templates to use with your class
- The models could be used to introduce how other countries format letters
- The activities assume that the letters will be handwritten
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- The packet includes sample letters and practice exercises
Some of the templates may need to be revised to model US style addresses and expressions