This Stay in Shape activity & project also includes:
Using their knowledge of right triangles, pupils find out how far a ship is from a light house. Class members determine how far around the world a ship would be sailing at a constant speed.
10 Views 620 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Provide a mini-lesson and practice on the Pythagorean Theorem
- Use the demonstration of wrapping a radius around a circle to help explain the concept of a radian
- Assumes the class knows the properties of isosceles right triangles
- Contains a worksheet that steps learners through the work
- Provides suggestions to scale up the activity for older classes