This Lesson 7: Observations Across Habitats lesson plan also includes:
How are animals in separate but nearby habitats related? Ecology scholars compare the animal inhabitants of the Gorongosa National Park in part seven of an eight-part series. Learners study photos from two different habitats, then formulate questions based on how the changes in one habitat affect organisms in one or both habitats.
- Have pupils that select the same habitat compare notes on their observations to add some collaboration to the lesson
- To save time, download photos from two habitats and make the lesson a large group activity
- Individuals must download a zip file of photos to compare for the activity; make sure this process is supported by your school's computers
- Students get to choose the habitats they use for their study, allowing for a lot of different comparisons in the same classroom
- The resource hones critical thinking and observation skills