This Lesson 3: Scientific Inquiry with WildCam Gorongosa lesson plan also includes:
When biologists installed cameras in Gorongosa National Park, they ended up viewing a lot more than the lions they were trying to help! Young ecologists observe one of Africa's most beautiful savanna regions with interactive trail camera images in part three of an eight-part series. Individuals use the images to identify animals, assess their behaviors, and gain understanding of the process of developing questions within a research study.
- Have users jot down a quick list of the animals they see and compare them with their classmates
- Ask that each pupil develops an inquiry question related to their observations by the end of the interactive
- Make sure learners know how to use the available tools to help them with their animal identifications
- The resource shows a unique approach to the process of science
- Pupils get to be a part of a real research study and work with the same data