Learn a different way to determine variability. An informative lesson provides directions on how to calculate the mean absolute deviation of a data set. Pupils use examples to learn the process and then practice finding the mean absolute deviation in contexts.
- Have classmates swap their letters to and follow the directions to see if they arrive at the same solution
- Lead a discussion on what the mean absolute deviation means in terms of data sets
- Learners should know how to find the mean of a set of data
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Includes a test preparation exercise
- Contains open-ended questions that require pupils to explain their reasoning