This Lesson 1: Journalism lesson plan also includes:
Extra! Extra! Do your pupils know what it takes to be a good journalist? Young news hounds explore the world of journalism through a series of activities that focus on ethical reporting. Learners read, evaluate, and investigate popular news sources in the first of a five-part instructional activity series from iCivics.
- Use the lesson to explore the hot topic of ethics in journalism or to introduce journalism as a career
- Have the class watch five news broadcasts per week independently and journal about the practices observed in each one
- Create a class set of handouts to accommodate both whole class and individual activities
- Sign up for a free iCivics account to access online content related to the lesson
- The fully stocked teacher's guide contains all of the planning resources and printables, plus an answer key
- Activities are available as fillable PDF documents, which saves time and trees