Hormones come from many parts of the body, including the hormone leptin produced by fat tissues. This in turn, controls each person's hunger levels. Interested nutritionists view the feedback loop relating food intake, hormone levels, and hunger through a brief animation. The link to the hypothalamus and fat tissue levels connects these concepts for pupils.
- Discuss the cycle of gaining and losing weight
- Connect the concept to homeostasis
- Relies on prior knowledge of hormones and appetite
- Allows for streaming or downloading in multiple formats
- Encourages sharing on social media to reach a larger audience