This Lengths of Sides in Isosceles Right Triangles: Paper Football interactive also includes:
Fuse sports and geometry by having your class create paper footballs—that are actually isosceles right triangles! Scholars use an interactive to create an isosceles right triangle to model a paper football. From the information in the interactive, individuals determine lengths of sides of the triangle.
- Provide opportunities to work with 45-45 right triangles
- Pupils should be comfortable working with radicals
- Students should understand the Pythagorean Theorem
- Must set up a free account to access the material
- Includes hints for the problems
- The additional resource contains examples