This Least Squares Linear Regression in R lesson plan also includes:
The task? Determine the how effective hospitals are at reducing the rate of hospital-acquired infections. The method? Data analysis! Using an open source software program, individuals use provided data and create scatterplots to look for patterns. They perform a regression analysis and look for strength of correlation to finish the second instructional activity in a series of three.
- Collect the same data from a local hospital to see if it fits the pattern shown in the provided data
- Create a list of commands used in the software and display them on the board or in a handout
- Requires the R software downloaded in the first lesson of the series
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Includes a teacher notes document to help prepare for the lesson
- Provides important information about the structure of the functions in the software