This Learning from the Narrator’s Point of View: Introducing Dragonwings lesson plan also includes:
Journey into the past with Laurence Yep's Dragonwings. Scholars complete anchor charts to analyze techniques the author uses to develop the narrator's point of view in his novel. As they read, pupils also complete word catchers to track unfamiliar vocabulary.
- Pre-teach the concept of literary point of view by having small groups retell a popular fairytale from another character's perspective
- Lesson one from the 10-part Grade 6 ELA Module 3A, Unit 1 series
- In advance, create triads of students who will work together on the group activities
- Provides strategies for meeting learners' needs
- Includes thorough teaching notes