Sometimes chemistry is a balancing act. Get to know Le Chatelier's Principle with a video from the JFR Science playlist. The narrator discusses pressure, temperature, and concentration in chemical reactions and how they affect the products and reactants.
- Assign the video as homework to introduce the topic the night before class
- Consider performing a demonstration of Le Chatelier's Principle after viewing the resource
- Your class would benefit by watching the video reviewing endothermic and exothermic reactions before prior to viewing the resource
- The narrator's escalator analogy is very useful for introducing the concept of chemical equilibrium and the factors that affect it
- Content includes the addition of catalysts and other substances, which further helps pupils understand what's going on in an equilibrium system