This Law Enforcement - Explosions interactive also includes:
How do law enforcement officers determine the strength of an explosion based on the movement of objects around the point of origin? Scholars inspect the relative mass and velocities of two cars before and after an explosion. They perform simple calculations of momentum using the given mass and velocity. The lesson fits as one part in a larger series on Momentum and Collisions.
- Assign all three levels since none of the questions repeat
- Adapts to any screen size from a smartphone to a smart board
- Relies on prior knowledge of the conservation of momentum and how to calculate momentum
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Provides additional practice for each missed question
- Includes immediate feedback and a display of the current progress