How do different materials absorb the sun's energy? This is the focus of a video that discusses how land, water, and the atmosphere absorb the sun's energy. Darker colored objects absorb the sun's energy (heat) while lighter colored objects reflect the sun's energy.
- Create an experiment that shows the concepts represented in this episode
- The seventh of 13 in a series of videos that discuss ecosystems and the flow of energy
- Concepts from the previous videos are reviewed at the beginning of the episode
- A investigation on how the land and water absorb the sun's energy is demonstrated at the beach
- Designed for Next Generation Science Standards