What are the green and blue things on a globe? Water and land—the two main features on Earth. Watch a video that distinguishes items on the globe from continents to countries and water to oceans and freshwater. Quiz the class after to see how many they can remember!
- Introduce a song or mnemonic device to help leaners remember the seven continents
- Preview the video and create a worksheet that has individuals answer questions as they watch
- Consider using as an introduction to geography
- 16th out of 26 videos
- YouTube comments and advertisements should be previewed before showing
- Instructor breaks down each land and water mass into smaller categories
- Talking ducks help engage younger learners