Based on DNA, fungi relate more closely to animals than to plants. This new scientific knowledge shifted the world view of scientists and opened up new classifications. Viewers learn about fungi's place in evolution, in the tree of life, and in daily life. They observe the many different types as well as their structures and functions to see how the kingdom fits into the larger biological hierarchy.
- Add the diagram on slide 34 to science journals
- Grow fungi on bread or another food item to observe the growth rate
- Relies on prior knowledge of plants and animals
- Allows for editing to better fit your needs
- Highlights vocabulary in red to better call it out