This Kelp Forest Habitat lesson plan also includes:
What forest is in the ocean? The class watches a video that introduces the kelp forest and the parts of kelp. Learners dive into the ocean and see what different species live near the canopy, the midwater, and the bottom of the kelp forest. Using the aquarium webcams, pupils observe one of the ocean animals and record their observations.
- Browse other aquarium webcams to see the habitats of similar animals and fish
- Build a Fish interactive requires Flash Player
- Assumes learners know the basics about habitats
- Worksheet provides a structure for observing animals via the webcam
- Contains suggested prompts for the teacher to use during the discussion phase