Was he driven by an inappropriate relationship with his English mother? Or was he just an incompetent, but well-intentioned, monarch? The Kaiser's tough upbringing and how it may have influenced his decisions in the Great War are unpacked in a video biography.
- Have your class debate how childhood shapes leaders
- Compare Kaiser Wilhelm II to his cousin, Tsar Nicolas II, using a companion video in this series
- One installment of an extensive Who Did What in World War I? playlist
- Sexual themes, including incest, may make the video inappropriate for some classes
- Pupils need background on the causes of World War I to fully understand all the details of the video
- Connects the Kaiser's early experiences to the larger themes of World War I
- Intriguing photographs and engaging narrator keep scholars interested