This Juvenile Justice lesson plan also includes:
Pupils compare and contrast the legal system as it pertains to juvenile and adult crime and punishment. Incorporating primary documents, legal decisions, and video evidence, individuals form an argument debating the treatment of juveniles who commit crimes.
- Invite a member of law enforcement to speak on juvenile crime compared to adult crime
- Involve current events and investigate recent issues of juveniles who have been tried as adults
- Group size should be no more than three
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Resource contains printable worksheets and materials for use in the classroom
- Contains a teacher's guide of possible answers to the deliberation question