This Judges in the Classroom lesson plan also includes:
- Student Reference
- Join to access all included materials
Class members explore the process of a disposition hearing for juveniles, particularly looking at how the judge decides what sentence the juvenile offender should receive. Task your pupils with evaluating different sample cases provided and considering what the appropriate consequences should be given the types of actions committed.
- This would serve as an interesting supplemental activity to pursue during a mock trial preparation session or an American government class
- The lesson plan was originally designed for a judge to administer in the state of Utah. In order to adapt to your classroom in a different area, you may want to research and broaden the scope of the lesson to the juvenile justice system in the nation as a whole
- Includes seven unique case descriptions for analysis
- Teacher reference includes some definitions of uncommon, subject-specific terms