Fly high using the force of water. A segment of the Veritasium playlist applies the Newton's Laws of Motion via a jetpack. Using a CO2 fire extinguisher, the video demonstrates the idea of Newton's second law, without enough mass. While explaining how the water jetpack works, the presenter makes the connection to launching a rocket into space.
- Have the class calculate the force needed to keep them in a hover with a jetpack
- Use the video at the beginning of a unit on motion
- Class members should be familiar with Newton's Laws of Motion
- Includes closed captioning
- Provides a visual explanation of G-force