Discover how Jesse Owens paved the way for African American athletes as a track and field legend, while still challenged by the obstacles of a segregated American society during the mid-twentieth century.
12 Views 10 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- This is an excellent resource to reference during Black History Month or in reviewing influential figures in African American history
- Queue video to skip third-party advertisement
- Learners should have some familiarity with Adolph Hitler and his promotion of the Aryan race prior to beginning the video
- Reviews Owens' major accomplishments, including participation in the 1936 Olympic games in Berlin
- Includes interview excerpts discussing Owens' lasting legacy