Did you know that the president of the Confederacy during the United States Civil War did not originally advocate for secession from the Union? Discover more interesting facts about the first and only Confederate president with this brief mini-biography on Jefferson Davis.
- This is a great resource to offer some background information on Davis, particularly if you are pressed for time in your curriculum
- Discuss the concept of sectionalism with regard to Davis' interests and why he chose to represent the Confederacy rather than remain with the Union
- This video does not discuss any wartime actions, but primarily Davis' life up to the onset of the Civil War and after being charged with treason in 1865
- Excellent commentary provided by historians
- Includes several primary and secondary source images to illustrate content