This Japanese Expansion Video video also includes:
Learn what events contributed to Japanese imperialism and warfare, such as the invasion of Manchuria using an engaging map. Viewers study the map as they learn the timeline of events leading Japan to the height of its power during World War II.
- After viewing the map, have the learners create a timeline of events of the Japanese expansion
- Use the map to prompt a discussion on how the events contributed to the US entering into war with Japan
- The theme of warfare may not be suitable for all groups
- Map is a good visual to enhance scholars' understanding
- Uses some archival footage to add interest to the map
- The map has no audio, which may require further explanation by the teacher for deeper understanding