This Japanese American Incarceration lesson plan also includes:
Using documents, such as reports from government sources and civil rights activists, budding historians explore the justification for forcing hundreds of thousands of Japanese-Americans to leave their lives and re-evaluate that tragic moment in history. Materials include necessary background and worksheets to engage with the primary sources.
- Evaluate the documents for bias and perspective using the included activities
- Discuss the fairness of Japanese American incarceration with the essential questions
- Create a free Stanford History Education Group account to use the resource
- Background information is extensive
- Newsreel is engrossing and fascinating artifact of the time