You may know of Jackie Robinson as the first African-American man to play baseball in the major league, but did you know that Robinson also fought for civil rights while serving in the military and after his years as a professional baseball player? You don't want to miss this fantastic short video on the life and career of Jackie Robinson.
- This is an excellent resource to present during Black History Month or a study of the civil rights movement
- Have learners write a journal entry in which they consider Robinson's perspective entering the major leagues
- As an extension activity, have learners research which historical figures helped to break the color barrier in other sports
- Queue the video to skip the initial third-party advertisement
- Includes photos and video clips from the historical period
- Excellent overview of Robinson's career and accomplishments
- Inspirational content