Like it or not, passing gas is part of life ... almost all life! Flatulence has many different purposes in different species including communication, defense, and buoyancy. Pupils learn where farts come from and what contributes to their odor in an installment of a larger It's Okay to be Smart series.
- Have learners record five interesting facts in the video to use in a class discussion
- Make a list of historical perceptions of farting
- Builds on an understanding of the anatomy of the digestive system
- Uses humor to add interest to the presentation
- Instructs on an interesting topic that is not commonly taught