This It's a Gassy World! lesson plan also includes:
How much does your class know about the relationship between climate change and carbon dioxide? Science scholars explore the nature of greenhouse gases and rising ocean temperature through demonstrations, research, and experiments. The simple but impactful studies challenge misconceptions and build data analysis skills.
- Extend the lesson by having pupils research the common misconceptions and use the results in a class discussion
- Bring dry ice to the lab to illustrate carbon dioxide's solid phase and sublimation
- Arrange for computer time for groups to locate the scavenger hunt answers
- Teacher's guide includes all printables, answer keys, and extensions
- The activity provides practice for data table set up and graphing with very focused data